Women's evenings at Specialized Concept Stores
Designed with a view to getting more women cycling, the ‘Where it Begins’ event series from Specialized is a month-long series of events that will offer a huge amount to both newbie riders and those who are looking to get back into the saddle after a long time without picking up a bicycle.
We’ve set up this series of free, two-hour women’s events in stores all over the UK to furnish you with all the knowledge you will need to inject your riding with some confidence. Starting in London and finishing a month later in Plymouth, our team of experts will be touring the country to give advice and demonstrations on a series of topics for the beginner to intermediate rider.
What is included?
- Route planning – find out about the online tools available to you to get the most out of your riding. Our experts will give advice on route planning and how to choose the right roads for the riding you want to do. For instance, if you want to ride for fitness or performance and incorporate interval training into your routes, you will want to avoid fast and busy roads through built up areas.
- Riding etiquette – you will meet female ride leaders and find out how group riding can benefit your cycling experience through greater motivation and skills development. You will also be taken through basic etiquette for when riding with others.
- Skills development – many of the women attending these events will be beginners just starting out on their cycling journey. Guests will be given an introduction to clipless pedals and how they can impact your efficiency on the bike. You will also have the chance to try out clipping in on a static bike.
- Maintenance – our experts will take you through basic maintenance and roadside repairs like fixing punctures, an essential skill for anyone owning a bike. Knowing how to fix basic problems with your bike can not only save you money you might otherwise give a mechanic, but inspire confidence and independence out on the road.
- BONUS – at each event there will be special offers available to the guests, and the first 50 attendees at each date will take home a Specialized goodie bag.
While the events are free to attend, we would ask that you book online to give us an idea of numbers.
All events are held at each town’s Specialized Concept Store:
Nottingham 1st March 1800
Birmingham 2nd March 1830
Harrogate 7th March 1800
Chester 8th March 1800
Stafford 9th March 1800
Newbury 14th March 1800
Ruislip 15th March 1830
Chelmsford 16th March 1830
Bristol 28th March 1800
Plymouth 30th March 1800
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.