S-Works Prevail II w/ ANGI
When we set out to improve the original S-Works Prevail we knew that we had our work cut out for us. How could we improve on the industry benchmark for fit ventilation and comfort? By listening to our riders—that's how. Through this we realized that there were a few aspects of the original Prevail II that needed to be changed with the biggest request being for a lower-sitting design. We've teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL— a new ultra-light and supremely comfortable version of MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL we've essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings. We thought to ourselves "thinking big shouldn't result in bigger helmets" so with the Prevail we set out to prove that big ideas can come in smaller packages. It all starts with our patented EPS construction that relies on multi-density foam that's paired with a robotically woven Aramid-reinforced skeleton. This comes with a reduction in the overall size creating a smaller profile that fits lower down on the head for a better fit and safety. It also has deep internal channels that are aligned from front-to-rear so the air intake and exhaust are optimized for unparalleled cooling over the entire head. And in the Win Tunnel we found these new designs amounted to six seconds saved over 40km when compared to a "standard" road helmet. Another standout feature of the S-Works Prevail II is the Gutter Action System that manages the flow of sweat keeping it away from your eyes and dripping it off of the pads over your temple. In the end the S-Works Prevail IIis the most complete lightweight race helmet we've ever made—perfect for hot mountainous rides and flat windy sections alike.
- Integrated ANGi crash sensor. (Learn More...)
- Includes a one-year subscription to Specialized Ride Premium app.
- New MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date and is exclusively available on Specialized helmets. (Watch Video | FAQ)
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
- Patented aramid-reinforced skeleton provides internal EPS support.
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- Mega Mouthport optimizes cooling and sweat evaporation.
- Aerodynamic design.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing wonâ€™t stretch out with sweat or water.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
- Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.