S-Works Demo 8
Relentless, fast, aggressiveno matter how you describe it, downhill racing is demanding. Starting with the bike, you're inserting control into a borderline uncontrollable situation wherever you can. But when it comes to harnessing gravity's pull, while also maintaining confident handling, it simply doesn't get any better than the S-Work Demo 8 FSR. It's constructed from our finest carbon fibre, FACT 11m, for unparalleled stiffness and strength. At the front, you'll find 200mm of travel coming through a custom-tuned RockShox BoXXer Team 650b fork, and at the rear, you get 200mm of travel via our game changing hlins rear shock. The build is also dialled-in, sparing absolutely no expense in providing the utmost in lightweight, durable performance. This means that you get powerful SRAM Guide RS DH brakes that control Code callipers and 200/180mm Centerline rotors, a precise one-by X01 DH seven-speed drivetrain, Roval 650b wheels with an ultra-wide 24mm internal width, and our legendary Butcher & Slaughter DH tyres for the ultimate in traction and control. Add it all up, and you get everything you need to send it down the mountain with more speed than you ever thought possible.
- The frame features a full FACT 11m carbon fibre construction for low weight and heightened levels of strength and stiffness, which is amplified by its asymmetrical frame design that still leaves plenty of access. This has also been paired with our proven S3 Geometry that increases manoeuvrability and responsiveness, while the 200mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in stride.
- Custom Ã–hlins rear shock delivers unparalleled DH performance. It offers high/low speed compression adjust that stands independent of the rebound adjust, enabling you to fine-tune the shock for the track at hand. It's 200mm of coil-sprung travel that stands without rival, and you won't find anywhere else.
- RockShox BoXXer Team 650b fork is nothing short of legendary. With 200mm of travel, a Charger Damper for maximum efficiency, and Power Buldge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it's easy to see why it's such a fan favourite for gravity fiends.
- 650bx2.5" Butcher DH tyre at the front has prominent shoulder knobs that ravenously grip in any condition, while the centre tread is low for minimal rolling resistance. Meanwhile, we positioned a 650bx2.3" Slaughter DH at the rear for its aggressive tread, stiff sidewall, and tacky gripâ€”ensuring maximum traction and protection through any terrain.
- SRAM's Guide RS DH brakes provide powerful, precise, and highly adjustable braking. Their based on a four-piston calliper design that puts out smooth, dependable stopping power, while the Reach Adjust feature allows you to customize the position for easy, one-finger lever pulls. And with SRAM's SwingLink technology, the cam system minimizes deadband without sacrificing modulation.
|FRAME||FACT 11m carbon, S3 Geometry, carbon front triangle, full carbon link and rear end, FACT IS construction, PF30 BB, full internal cable routing, 135mm dropouts, lipped and sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm travel|
|REAR SHOCK||Custom Ã–hlins, high/low speed compression adjust, rebound adjust, 9.5x3"|
|FORK||RockShox Boxxer Team 650b, coil spring, S: Extra soft spring , M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring, 200mm travel, charger damper, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48mm offset, Maxle Lite DH|
|HEADSET||1-1/8" upper, 1-1/2" lower, semi-integrated, cartridge bearings|
|STEM||Specialized P.Series MTB, forged alloy, 4-bolt|
|HANDLEBARS||S-Works DH, carbon, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 780mm, 31.8mm|
|GRIPS||Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness|
|FRONT BRAKE||SRAM Guide RS DH, metallic pads, Code calliper, 200m Centreline rotor|
|REAR BRAKE||SRAM Guide RS DH, metallic pads, Code calliper, 180mm Centreline rotor|
|BRAKE LEVERS||SRAM Guide RS DH, alloy lever, reach adjust, cartridge bearing lever pivot|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM X01 DH Type 2, 7-speed, short cage|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM X01 DH, 7-speed|
|CASSETTE||SRAM X01 DH, 7-speed, 10-24t|
|CHAIN||SRAM PC-1130, 11-speed, w/ PowerLink, nickel finish|
|CRANKSET||SRAM X0 DH, BB30, carbon arms, triple base, w/ Gamut bashguard|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM, BB30, 83mm|
|PEDALS||Specialized Boomslang, 6061 alloy, sealed cartridge bearings|
|RIMS||Roval 650b, alloy, 24mm inner width, 32h|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized, Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 20mm thru-axle, 32h|
|REAR HUB||Custom DT Swiss, Star Ratchet, 54t quick engagement, XX1 driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 32h|
|SPOKES||DT Competition, stainless, 2.0mm|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Butcher DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.5"|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Slaughter DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.3"|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Phenom Expert, hollow Ti rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Thomson, alloy, straight, 12-degree clamp|
|SEAT BINDER||Specialized, 7050 alloy, single bolt, 36.9mm|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.
|Bike Stand-Over Height||698mm||698mm||698mm||698mm|
|Fork Length (full)||590mm||590mm||590mm||590mm|
|Top-Tube Length (horizontal)||571mm||596mm||616mm||636mm|